You can reduce the chance of losing to wildfire
No building is fireproof, but there are steps you can take to better the chances when wildfire strikes.
• Define your defensible space—a 30-foot, non-combustible zone around your home.
• Choose fire-resistant plants and trees.
• Remove or prune low hanging tree branches.
• Cut grass and weeds regularly and keep your roof and yard clean, especially from dry yard debris.
• Stack wood piles or other burnable materials at least 30 feet from your home or other buildings on your property.
• Keep signs and addresses visible so firefighters can easily locate your property.
• Rate your roof—is it fire resistant?
• Recycle yard debris and branches instead of burning.